Anime's I saw during my FFXI break! :D

Your threat for Anime and Manga, some sources straight out of the land of the rising sun^^

Moderator: Oasisserene

Anime's I saw during my FFXI break! :D

Postby Safiya » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Vampire Knights (love this anime!)
Seirei no Moribito (a little serious anime, but definitely great story!)
Koukaku no Regios (interesting anime! I <3 it)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Series still not done)
Ouran High School (twice~! lol, my laughing medicine^^)
Origins (Movie anime - very nice! I love the ending song)

You guys should check out the anime's listed above! :D
Google it! If you want to know more about them :P
Safiya
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 pm

i started watching FMA brotherhood. its just a re-hash of all the original episodes. some stuff they glossed over in the original series is covered, and some stuff is just straight out different (like the situation with tucker and nina). it bothers me.

why couldnt they have just done a regular sequel. figure out some weird way to bring them back home within a few episodes and move on from there.
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Re: Anime's I saw during my FFXI break! :D

Postby Zechiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Vampire Knights -> Warning! Shōjo!

Seirei no Moribito -> Guardian of the sacred spirit. Kenji Kawai. Production IG. WIN. Period. They are developing a second season as we speak.

Koukaku no Regios -> Chrome Shelled Regios? Never heard of it

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood -> Excellent and OMG Olivier Mira Armstrong :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ouran High School -> Stop it woman! Warning! Shōjo!

Origins -> Dont know it, looks interesting. Watch "Summer Wars", seen it in Tokyo and it was good.

EDIT:
Watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, you'll like it, its good.
Dragoon 75 | Paladin 75 | Samurai 75 | Blue Mage 75 | Bard 75 | Monk 75
All nations, Promathia, Zilart, Aht-Urghan completed.
"Even if nothing is forever... a Dragoon I remain"
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Roscobel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Urotsukidoji XXXL XXXmas edition 2009, oh wait thats hentai..
Maybe i'll load up that shiz u gave me a long time ago z! Yea, i think i'm finally ready for it.
Roscobel
Core Member
Core Member

Postby blackseven » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 am

Rasantath wrote:i started watching FMA brotherhood. its just a re-hash of all the original episodes. some stuff they glossed over in the original series is covered, and some stuff is just straight out different (like the situation with tucker and nina). it bothers me.

why couldnt they have just done a regular sequel. figure out some weird way to bring them back home within a few episodes and move on from there.

FMA Brotherhood follows the Manga storyline. The Anime diverged from the Manga when the Anime overtook the manga, and instead of doing fillers, the manga artist told the anime writers what her general plans for the manga were, and asked them to do things completely differently, to avoid the usual "filler hell" or "Gecko Ending."

For constrast, look at the Hellsing TV anime, where after the Valentine attack, all that Incognito stuff is not from the manga (filler, basically, and Gecko Ending). The Hellsing OVA remake follows the manga isntead.
Moryl - RDM/BLM/SCH/PUP
Remnants' Second String Mage!
"A Hero is some who can't show anyone the tears beneath her mask." - Katsura Hinagiku
blackseven
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 pm

blackseven wrote:
Rasantath wrote:i started watching FMA brotherhood. its just a re-hash of all the original episodes. some stuff they glossed over in the original series is covered, and some stuff is just straight out different (like the situation with tucker and nina). it bothers me.

FMA Brotherhood follows the Manga storyline. The Anime diverged from the Manga when the Anime overtook the manga, and instead of doing fillers, the manga artist told the anime writers what her general plans for the manga were, and asked them to do things completely differently, to avoid the usual "filler hell" or "Gecko Ending."

For constrast, look at the Hellsing TV anime, where after the Valentine attack, all that Incognito stuff is not from the manga (filler, basically, and Gecko Ending). The Hellsing OVA remake follows the manga isntead.

i have now watched all the way to episode 37 of FMA brotherhood, and yeah, its WAY different after about episode 15.
HD torrents of FMA:B -> http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/projects/alchemist

i downloaded an OVA of hellsing a long time ago but i never got around to watching it. maybe i should dl the series?
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Zechiel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Finished Kannagi a week ago, was funny but not too special

Watching Azumanga Daioh right now, not sure how it ended up on my download list but its great! Although in the four-panel-manga-to-anime genre I still like Lucky Star the best.
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Roscobel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 am

yesterday i watched 2 episodes of Gantz.. w.. t.. f.. - tonight im gonna watch the 3rd. Thought it was pretty cool.
Roscobel
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Zechiel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Roscobel wrote:yesterday i watched 2 episodes of Gantz.. w.. t.. f.. - tonight im gonna watch the 3rd. Thought it was pretty cool.

It is, one of the few anime shows with a gecko ending and able to get away with it.
Currently they are making live action movies of Gantz, first release will be around this time 2011
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anime