Beowulf

Your threat for Anime and Manga, some sources straight out of the land of the rising sun^^

Moderator: Oasisserene

Beowulf

Postby Stresa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 am

"I am Beowulf!"

I loved it tho it was good not great. My biggest regret was that it wasnt even longer and more complete. One gets over the CG. (took me about 20mins) The voices were strong and powerful. A Bloody movie and completely lacking in regard for women sadly tho the blood cant compare to gladiator troy or 300. If you like fantasy movies this one should be good if not oh well.

They did not spend enough in the making of this movie in either money or frustration and time. They put forth 5M and got 25M back in return when they should have put forth 30M and gotten back 150M. Specifically in using all real shots instead of all CG shots. As it was the work of everyone below director was excellent.

Fafnir's horn is the bigest most important prop in the movie and it shows, tho not quite as much as the one ring in LoTR.

One figures it must be for the movies future, but there is one prominent monster still alive at the end. what gives man ? i know there should be plot continuations but darn i was left with a hunger for more conclusion.

Yea and Angelina Jolie's hot of course (basically nude) but if you want a good steaming scene go watch the middle of "Enemy at the Gates". That scene is so hot it proves nudity isnt the essence of sexuality.

Perhaps if I had more Rl to resonate with it lmao but thats not about this movie. Anyways, I had fun and missed you guys today. ttyls
Stresa
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Postby Crile » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm

I haven't seen Beowulf yet, but if I recall correctly, the written work is epicly massive. It doesn't strike me as something that can easily be covered in one movie. how far does it actually go? the death of grendell and grendel's mother?
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Stresa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:42 pm

I watched the making writing bonus features etc and from that and the movie it seems they wrote it in togther pretty well. Good writers FTwin ^^
Stresa
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Return to Anime