Remnants Static (oops i mean linkshell)

General FFXI talk

Moderator: Oasisserene

Remnants Static (oops i mean linkshell)

Postby Atik » Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm

It seems to me that the linkshell has turned into little more than a NA static, many people are logging on just before their little pre-arranged static jolly, which as im typing this is past midnight UK time. while this is great for those involved, its not much fun for me and possibly others that play in the EU time zones, are there any EU players left? :P (DP doesnt count and Palp must be a robot :P. The LS is advertised to be active in EU times (unless i'm mistaken). I hope that this situation changes mainly for my sake hehe.

Although the +2 events and others have been shelved for the time being because of lack of numbers in the ls since the japan earthquake, but i dont agree with this reason simply because the little 'statics' that have been getting +2 all over the place can manage in small groups therefore the ls can. this isnt really a question regarding the current ls situation, so i dont want replies to the post, it is however the facts as i see / experience it and i hope it changes :)

For the record: this isnt a rant or a rave about me being deeply unhappy or angry etc.. simply an observation.

The players in the LS are :? accomplished and greatly experienced players and i appreciate that level of knowledge and benefit from it often, this isnt a dig at any individual or policy, its just my opinion.

Cheers, Big Ears
Atik
Core Member
Core Member

Postby fndragon » Tue May 03, 2011 10:47 am

Hey, I totally agree, Atik. That's why I can't agree to the policy at this time.

I hate feeling like we "exclude" the EU players, but since there weren't any scheduled events for April + May, I don't think the situation is going to change much. The main reason we're getting +2's is that the monsters we have to target for the Empyrian weapons drop the +2 upgrades. It's the same mentality that I've had when people suggest farming the +1 seal mobs, I suggest farming the +2 seal mobs because the +1's are a prerequisite for them.

But yeah, with the EU player base decimated, I don't know what we can do other than recruit heavily when we merge with Siren. From my standpoint it's a vicious cycle: People don't log on because there are no events, and there are no events because people don't log on.

And I personally log on earlier, but at that time I am mostly a placeholder for the notorious monster form of Fn that logs on after work.
fndragon
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Zechiel » Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm

I know of one EU player who'd like to play moar...! :yay:
Dragoon 75 | Paladin 75 | Samurai 75 | Blue Mage 75 | Bard 75 | Monk 75
All nations, Promathia, Zilart, Aht-Urghan completed.
"Even if nothing is forever... a Dragoon I remain"
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rasantath » Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

i think the situation will change after the merge. once we start scheduling events i believe that will be a draw for people to log on / come back. i don't think it'll work the other way around though, people will not come back until we start scheduling events.
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Celicaa » Tue May 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Everything i'm about to say is preficed with the fact i'm not playing atm, and i doubt i will be back for quite some time. Mainly because i'm bored with it for now. but...

The grouping of a large amount of EU players has alway's been a problem with XI for as long as i can remember. Obviously there have been groups that have succeded and remained succesfull for some time. Just remember that the current leader team, (excluding myself and Sis) i believe is very capable of assesing the needs of the ls and doing there best to make it fair for everyone. Wich in itself is no easy task.
Just please be patient with the leaders i'm sure they will do there best just like ive witnessed before.

ps. everything i just said excludes DP.. he's just as ass hole.
Celicaa
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Roscobel » Wed May 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Plenty to do in XIV!
Roscobel
Core Member
Core Member

Postby fndragon » Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Rasantath wrote:i think the situation will change after the merge. once we start scheduling events i believe that will be a draw for people to log on / come back. i don't think it'll work the other way around though, people will not come back until we start scheduling events.

How can we schedule events without enough people to reliably do so? Especially without leaders to reliably do so. The buried lede here is that Cel and Sis have left the game. From http://www.ffremnants.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1832 we have this:
Official leaders:
Zechiel (EU)
Crile (NA)
Oasisserene (NA)
Ricciardo (NA)
Deadpooled (EU)

Official co-leaders:
Celicaa (NA)
Friartuk (EU)

Crile, Sis, Ricci, have all left the game, Zech is off and on (mostly off from my understanding), and Cel and Tuk have also left the game. I don't see Kai, but I assume he's taken a leadership spot at some point, and the list needs to be updated.

So basically that leaves the leadership down to Deadpooled and Kaimon.

With just one EU leader (DP) and one NA leader (Kai), I'm not sure that things will "get better" without more leadership. And definately not without more membership, which has been dwindling as well.

To put it bluntly, we're down to a skeleton crew, while we're still losing bones. I think Elviilla left yesterday.

I don't know, Atik, what can be done to alleviate this, but the answer isn't to yell at the remaining bones and tell them to work harder. We formed the Empyrian group with the express purpose of working on weapons after event times, but not to the exclusion of event times. Our intention was never to take away from events, but the dwindling playerbase caused the events to dry up.

Atik, if you wanted to schedule +2 farming on the schedule using the point system, sure, that can and should be done(imo), if we want to use the existing point system. Currently, however, there are no events scheduled.
fndragon
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Wed May 04, 2011 2:46 pm

awesome catch 22 isnt it.
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Crile » Sat May 07, 2011 2:35 am

Even if I don't play, I'm still stalkin yall

Roscobel wrote:Plenty to do in XIV!

I'd play XIV more if I didn't need a freakin supercomputer to run it at a reliable framerate with a resolution higher than 400x300
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Speedster » Sat May 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Crile wrote:Even if I don't play, I'm still stalkin yall

Roscobel wrote:Plenty to do in XIV!

I'd play XIV more if I didn't need a freakin supercomputer to run it at a reliable framerate with a resolution higher than 400x300

I second the first quote just to keep in touch and as for 2nd quote it ha sbeen delayed for PS3 so no way for me to try it out yet :P

I graduate college next thursday though so Im pumped for that finalllyyyyy! :)
Speedster
Core Member
Core Member

Return to General