upcoming game adjustments

General FFXI talk

Moderator: Oasisserene

upcoming game adjustments

Postby Rasantath » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 am

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Battle Adjustments (02/01/2011)

The forthcoming minor version update will usher in a host of battle-related refinements, including increased experience point yield and eased skill gain conditions.

Increased Experience Point Yield

The amount of experience points obtained by defeating monsters in non-Abyssea areas will be revised across the board. For instance, defeating an "Even Match" foe will yield roughly double the current amount of experience points. This adjustment will also benefit dragoon wyverns and adventuring fellow NPCs.

Eased Skill Gain Conditions

At present, only by fighting foes rated "Even Match" or stronger can players raise their combat and magic skills to their upper limits. With the February version update, however, this requirement will be reduced to "Decent Challenge." Further, players will find that actions targeting themselves or party members will raise the corresponding skill at a faster rate. Once these changes come into effect, players can expect larger figures to accompany each rise in skill. Puppetmasters should also be pleased to know that automatons, too, will benefit from this adjustment.
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/04/2011)

The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. The development and operations teams would like to take this opportunity to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns.

Q: If it is not possible to expand the in-game auto-translate function for the time being, would it at least be possible to add recent terms to the glossary on the official site's Play Guide?

A: We've amended the Play Guide glossary with some of the most requested words and phrases, the first batch focusing on adventuring in Abyssea. With more terms set to follow, we encourage all players to make use of the site to foster communication with their companions abroad.

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site: Play Guide » Glossary of Game Terms

Q: Could you share with us a schedule and content summary for future version updates?

A: We have a series of version updates and milestones planned for the coming year, and are currently in the process of reviewing the material and compiling it into a format that we can share with our users. Please bear with us and continue to watch this space!

Q: Are there any plans to provide a means to upgrade equipment from Salvage, Einherjar, Nyzul, and so forth? I put a great deal of effort into obtaining these items, but these days they feel underpowered.

A: Yes. Future updates will introduce not only a host of new items, but also new upgrade possibilities for existing weapons and armor. Methods including but not limited to Trial of the Magians are in the works, and we think you'll enjoy what we have in store.

Q: My blue magic spells like "1000 Needles" and "Blitzstrahl" don't seem to be getting at my enemy's weaknesses. Help!

A: We are aware of this issue, and are currently working toward a solution to be implemented in the next major version update. We have also received a wide range of valuable feedback regarding other weapon skills, magic spells, and jobs, and we will work to incorporate as many of your suggestions as possible while preserving game balance.

Q: Ironclad Triturators are covered with iron plates, and yet they're not dropping any. What's up with this?

A: After some investigation, we have uncovered an issue that was resulting in incorrect drop rates for the Ironclad Triturator and Ironclad Sunderer. Both monsters will be addressed in the February mini-update.

Q: When fishing, it's awfully difficult to reel in a prize catch with only "good feelings" and "terrible feelings" to guide us. How about a little more help?

A: Anglers of Vana'diel, rejoice! We are planning to rework the messages that display when hooking a fish to be more informative than ever in the next major version update.

Q: I lost my bait fishing up a pair of rusty leggings. They don't even have a mouth, let alone an appetite!

A: They most certainly do not, and you may rest assured that rusty armor will feast on your precious bait no more after the upcoming February mini-update.

Q: What do puppetmasters have to look forward to in terms of updates and adjustments?

A: Starting with the February mini-update, the macro command <petmpp> will be added, allowing you to display your automaton's current MP as a percentage of its maximum. Puppetmasters will have even more to look forward to in the next major version update, so keep your automaton's frame well-oiled!

Q: Psst! Can you tell me the secret recipe for Goblin stir-fry? Pretty please? I promise I won't tell anyone else.

A: While the Goblins would have our heads if we leaked their secret recipe outright, we figured we could get away with providing a few daily hints on our Twitter feed. Just make sure no one's looking when you follow that link, okay?

Q: I've always been curious about the names of areas in and around the Federation of Windurst. Could one of your scribes enlighten us as to their origins?

A: A fascinating subjectaru indeed! The Tarutaru, you see, have a longstanding tradition of naming geographical features and locations after historical personages who share a connection to these places. For example, the Toraimarai Canal bears the name of the renowned mage and explorer Torai-Marai, who was the first to plumb its depths. In the case of Ghoyu's Reverie, one can see that names of Mithran origin are to be found as well. Just a bit of trivia to keep in mind the next time your adventures carry you to the Federation!
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 am

Item Adjustments Galore! (02/07/2011)

The February mini-update promises to relieve item-related stress for adventurers, with the opportunity to reacquire the Treasures of Aht Urhgan mission reward items, an expansion of the Porter Moogle storage system, and more!

Aht Urhgan Rings Made Reobtainable

After the February update, players will be able to reobtain the following reward items from the Treasures of Aht Urhgan mission scenario:
Balrahn's Ring / Ulthalam's Ring / Jalzahn's Ring

To reacquire the reward, speak with the NPC Nadeey at Walahra Temple in Aht Urhgan Whitegate without any of the above items in your ownership.
*Should you discard the reacquired item, the event timer will reset with the next conquest tally.

Porter Moogle Service to Expand

With the February update, the items listed below will become storable with the Porter Moogle NPC. Players can expect yet more additions to be made to this service in future updates.

[Moogle Storage Slip 04]
Razor Axe / Barbaroi Axe / Marauder's Knife / Raven Scythe / Fencing Degen / Peregrine / Sniping Bow / Blessed Hammer / Casting Wand / Beat Cesti / Kukulcan's Staff / Honor Sword / Immortal's Scimitar / Anju / Zushio / Magoroku / Turbo Animator / Trump Gun / War Hoop

[Moogle Storage Slip 11]
Gold Moogle Belt / Silver Moogle Belt / Bronze Moogle Belt / Red Sash / Dash Sash / Happy Egg / Fortune Egg / Orphic Egg

Furthermore, so as to prevent unintended cancellation of Magian trials, the porter service will no longer handle items involved in ongoing trials.

Pet Food Eta for All

The materials required to synthesize Pet Food Eta will be adjusted to make this item more readily available to adventurers.

New Low Price for Instant Retrace

The December update lowered costs for Instant Reraise and Instant Warp scrolls. The February mini-update will usher in a similar price reduction for Instant Retrace scrolls, from 500 Allied Notes to 10.

generally, yay
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 am

The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/10/2011)

The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. Today, the development and operations teams return to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns in FAQ format.

Q: I've been hearing a lot about the February minor version update lately, but when will it take place exactly?

A: If all goes according to schedule, the version update will go live on Monday, February 14 (PST). We thank you for your patience.

Q: I really want to see some items added to the Mog Bonanza prize list—it'd make participating in the event so much more exciting for me!

A: The Mog Bonanza has grown to become a much-loved event in Vana'diel since its inception, and nothing would give us more pleasure than to add to the richness of players' bonanza experience. As such, we have decided to accept adventurer nominations for new prize items to be added to the event. As a follower of the official FINAL FANTASY XI Twitter account, simply tweet up to three items of your heart's desire and include the hashtag "#mogbonanza". Nominations will be accepted until Sunday, February 13, at 10pm (PST).

Q: Are there any plans to make notorious monsters more accessible, and battling them more rewarding?

A: We have received many requests concerning notorious monsters, some of the most popular being the alleviation of pop conditions, reduced repop times, and improved treasure drop rates. We are working to address these concerns over multiple patches, starting with the next major version update. Details will be revealed as soon as the pertinent particulars are ironed out, so stay tuned!

Q: Oh, the Twilight God strike me down! Had I only known that a glorious day such as the February minor version update would come when Artifact Armor could be entrusted to Porter Moogles—the Goddess bless their gentle hearts—I never would have dreamed of casting aside my hard-won set! Will my beloved equipment be lost to me forever? *Sniff*

A: We understand all too well the pain of being parted with one's preciouses, and are considering ways to allow adventurers to reunite with their hard-earned Artifact Armor. Although we are unable to apprise you of a time frame right now, we can say that miracles come to those who possess patience and faith in equal amounts.

Q: My bags and cupboards are near to bursting with Kindred's crests and other like baubles! Won't a kindly and trustworthy soul appear who would take on the burden of their safekeeping in my stead?

A: Many a grievance has been forwarded to us regarding storage woes, requesting that items such as Kindred's crests, Empyrean Armor upgrade seals, and Walk of Echoes coins be made storable with NPCs. We are currently exploring ways outside of traditional equipment storage NPCs to help adventurers clear up their inventory space, and expect to be able to make an announcement regarding this in the near future, so keep watching this space!

Q: Whenever my visitant status expires and I get kicked out of Abyssea, I find myself dispossessed of certain temporary items such as the Primeval Brew. Does this sound right to you?

A: An issue has been confirmed wherein players would lose some of their temporary items upon being evicted from Abyssea. This issue will be rectified in the minor version update scheduled for Monday, February 14 (PST).

Q: The Trial Log refuses to appear when I use my Magian Spectacles while in Abyssea – Uleguerand! Help!

A: An issue has been confirmed wherein the Trial Log would not appear in Heroes of Abyssea areas. This issue will be rectified in the minor version update scheduled for Monday, February 14 (PST).

Q: Performing text command searches for people in Abyssea – Uleguerand and Abyssea – Grauberg never results in any hits. What's the big idea?

A: An issue has been confirmed wherein the areas Abyssea - Uleguerand and Abyssea – Grauberg were not being covered by text command searches. This issue will be rectified in the minor version update scheduled for Monday, February 14 (PST).
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:50 pm

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/18/2011)

The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. Today, the development and operations teams return to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns in FAQ format.

Q: The recent update supposedly made it easier to increase skills, but I'm not noticing much of a difference. What exactly has changed?

A: The minimum enemy rating for raising skills to their caps has been lowered from "even match" to "decent challenge," providing more frequent opportunities for skill increase and greater values accompanying each increase. However, as the calculations are adjusted based upon your current skill level and your target's strength, the difference will be more noticeable at lower skill levels. We intend to monitor game balance with the new settings for the time being, but will consider future adjustments for skills such as parry and guard that are triggered less frequently.

Q: I've got enough Kindred and High Kindred crests to wallpaper my Mog House three times over. Will I be able to do anything else with them in the future?

A: We certainly wouldn't want to put a damper on your interior remodeling plans, but you might be interested in knowing that the next major version update will make these items NPC-storable, as well as introduce new high-level battlefields accessible with crests. Needless to say, suitable equipment rewards are also in the works, so stay tuned!

Q: Can we expect any changes to be made to the Walk of Echoes?

A: Yes. We have received considerable feedback concerning the Walk of Echoes, and are planning a large-scale overhaul of this feature to make it more enjoyable and rewarding for players. The time frame and further details will be announced as soon as they become available, so we ask for your patience for the time being.

Q: I can't help but feel like my Aegis shield pales in comparison to the recently added Ochain. Will anything be done about this?

A: Yes. The concepts behind Aegis and Ochain were to focus on magic and physical attack defense, respectively. As it stands now, however, Ochain's extremely high block rate makes it appear significantly more effective. We intend to balance things out in the next major update by giving a boost to Aegis's magic defense capabilities.

Q: I've always found it inconvenient that the compass/radar and other vital information are hidden when engaged in combat. Can we expect any interface tweaks?

A: Yes. With the next major version update, we intend to make the compass visible in combat. Players have also expressed wishes for a fix to keep the macro palette from covering the casting gauge and status icons, and we will be looking to address this in the future.
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 am

ugh.

From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/25/2011)

Q: "???" targets currently serve the dual function of triggering events as well as popping NMs. As a way to help adventurers distinguish between these two uses, would it be possible to change all monster pop locations to "!!!" or some such?

A: While we believe that introducing the "!!!" target as suggested would greatly improve ease of adventuring, obstacles have been identified that render its implementation unfeasible. Not only is there a staggering amount of applicable "???" targets that would require adjustment, the existence of numerous situational "???" locations makes straightforward conversion nigh impossible. We sincerely apologize for being unable to fulfill this request.

Q: My good friend and comrade Skyserpent General Rughadjeen has been behaving rather strangely during Besieged battles, and I can't help but feel concerned. To describe a symptom, using either Protect V or Shell V on the man causes him to go on an enhancing magic casting binge. Are the stresses of prolonged conflict taking their toll on poor Rughadjeen?

A: We truly appreciate your show of concern for a brother-in-arms. Following examination, it has been determined that the Skyserpent General's unusual behavior is due to his unfamiliarity with Protect V and Shell V—spells that did not exist when Besieged was first introduced. For a blessing, his actions do not pose an immediate threat to his own well-being or to those of others, and we intend to have a heart-to-heart with him as soon as other urgent matters have been addressed.

Q: I'm usually all about missions and storylines, but I must confess to being a teensy bit curious about what kind of job adjustments are coming up. Is there anything you can tell me?

A: First of all, it gives us great joy to hear that there are still folk out there who appreciate visceral combat. To answer the question, a wide range of job adjustments and balance tweaks are in the pipes, a number of which will find their way into the upcoming major version update. All the juicy details will be revealed via Topics before long, so stay tuned!

Q: Exchanging Aht Urhgan currency is about as enjoyable as having gravel down my subligar. Can't the process be streamlined?

A: In the upcoming version update, the NPCs Ugrihd (Aht Urhgan Whitegate) and Awaheen (Nashmau) will expand their services to include large-volume currency exchange. In each transaction, adventurers will be able to specify the Imperial coin of their choice as well as the quantity desired.

Q: While I think the "/names" text command used to toggle character name display is da bomb, I reckon it'd be even more useful if I could choose to apply it to either PCs or NPCs only.

A: While this adjustment is technically possible, its implementation is projected to consume a considerable amount of man-hours. Given the numerous other high priority adjustments currently on our plate, we are unable to provide you with a time frame at this point in time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q: Is there a way to adjust the volume of the title screen BGM? It always seems to be either too loud or too soft, and never just right.

A: While both in-game and PlayOnline Viewer music volume can be adjusted in their respective configuration screens, there regrettably is no way to adjust volume for the title screen. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q: As a regular visitor to the official site, I think it'd be more logical to switch the order of the Topics and Information sections and have urgent news appear at the very top.

A: In light of the official forum's imminent launch and its intended function, layout changes are being considered for the official site. We expect to be able to reveal detailed information regarding this in the very near future, and ask for your patience in the meantime.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on Twitter who sent us requests for new Mog Bonanza prizes. The prize list will be revised based on the submissions, and we believe that more than a few adventurers will have reason to rejoice when the details of the next bonanza are announced!
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Oasisserene » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 am

lol

I'm sorry your asking ridiculous questions, we cannot support you with a proper answer.

In other words..

"We simply cannot take time out of devising ways to make you sink more time into this game, because we value your lives and wish you to spend more time with your families and work place."
Oasisserene
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Rasantath » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:23 pm

The Final Fantasy XI Team Answers Your Questions! (03/07/2011)

Q: It seems to me Campaign hasn't been seeing much version update action lately, like a reliable if wrinkly veteran replaced by young blood on the battlefront. Are Campaign's glory days over, or are there still plans to breathe new life into the system?

A: We would like to reassure players that Campaign's leal service has not gone unnoticed, nor the fortitude born of experience that this grizzled veteran brings to the battlefield. Various adjustments are in the pipes for the trusty system, some of which are scheduled for the upcoming major version update.

Q: While new and more powerful gear have become a staple in each version update, at risk of sounding old-fashioned, I'd much rather continue donning the older equipment I've worked so hard to obtain. Ah, would that doing so could be not only sentimental, but practical as well...

A: We fully understand the fondness that adventurers develop for their painstakingly procured equipment, and intend to make such items augmentable via synergy. While the results will vary based on equipment level, upgraded gear can be expected to rise to a strength roughly equivalent to that of +1 Empyrean Armor, or +2 in the event of a high quality yield. Successfully augmented items will always boast improved stats, which can be overwritten or removed as desired. It will not be possible, however, to alter specific attributes only.

To allow for greater accessibility, minimum requirements will be set relatively low for the new recipes. Synergy skill only will be needed, meaning the entire process can be handled solo. While it is possible for less experienced synergists to perform the augmentation, the likelihood of high quality yields will increase proportionally to skill.

Q: While helping out the embattled survivors of Abyssea is reward enough for this altruistic adventurer, those I assist never seem to reward me with the Empyrean upgrade seals I seek. Is it just me or is there an imbalance in the rate of yield?

A: We have confirmed that the yield rate of the seals in question is uniform, and this has been verified in subsequent testing. As is the nature of probability, however, some deviation may occur in the short-term. We ask for your understanding in this matter, and fervently hope that you never cease lending your aid to the needy folk of Abyssea.

- campaign will be adjusted
- augmented old items to make them useful again, will be done with synergy
- drop rates from quest for +1 seals are crap and they dont care, it is "working as intended"
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 am

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4439

they are raising the level cap for npc fellows to 85, and making them stay out longer. adding some aht urghan zones for them to be allowed in too. they SHOULD be allowed in abyssea...
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Celicaa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:39 pm

it's olway's too little too late with them,
I love this update,, except it's compleatly useless any longer.
i've got a caped npc fellow, with caped bond, and i would love to use her more often, except anything i'm doing is in abyssea, and if i'm doing it outside of abyssea, I CAN SOLO IT, so what's the point.
Celicaa
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Oasisserene » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Agreed! what Cel said
Oasisserene
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Rasantath » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am

you bitched, they listened!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4808

[dev1006] Merit Point Adjustments

* The upcoming version update will see an increase to maximum limit for point allocation in certain merit point categories.

o Maximum Total Ability Increase by Category

+ HP/MP: Increased from 8 to 12
+ Attributes: Increased from 5 to 8
+ Combat Skills: Increased from 20 to 32
+ Magic Skills: Increased from 16 to 24
+ Others: Increased from 8 to 10

o Maximum Number of Upgrades by Ability

+ HP/MP: Increased from 8 to 12
+ Attributes: Increased from 5 to 8
+ Others: Increased from 4 to 5

Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Siredward » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Awesome, finally a place to use my merits.

WAR95 - PLD95 - NIN95 - BLM95 - MNK95
Siredward
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 pm

holy crap, they posted 3 things today

new battle system: Voidwatch
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4925

delivery adjustments (including a big list of items you cannot send through delivery)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/239

a roadmap for the next year of FFXI
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4937
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/240

[dev1003]Abyssea Adjustments
The upcoming major version update will see the following adjustments made to Abyssea:

* New Ways to Obtain Empyrean Upgrade Items
* Empyrean +1 seals will be made obtainable via new battlefields.
* Empyrean +2 items will be made obtainable from notorious monsters in additional Abyssea areas as follows:

o Heroes of Abyssea area items will also appear in Scars of Abyssea.
o Scars of Abyssea area items will also appear in Vision of Abyssea.

* Visitant Light Status
In addition to visitant duration remaining, players will be able to inspect their active lights when healing.

* Notorious Monster Weaknesses
The following blue magic spells will no longer be used to trigger enemy weaknesses:
Death Ray / Blitzstrahl / Hecatomb Wave / 1000 Needles / Frost Breath / Firespit / Regurgitation / Seedspray
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Next

Return to General