Remnants XIV server selection and the open beta

General FFXI talk

Moderator: Oasisserene

Remnants XIV server selection and the open beta

Postby Zechiel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 am

Server selection for our Final Fantasy XIV linkshell.

Tonight/tomorrow starts the open beta. The character name you create will be yours for the released game aswell and like now, names are linked to a server.

TIP: Update your closed beta client now with the new patch. Servers aren't up yet but at least you are ready to rock when they are.

Create your character. Note that the character features will most likely be moved to the official release aswel but any exp gained will be reset.

Create a first name and last name for your character, wether Japanese players will read the last name in front of the firstname is unknown to me. (Maybe someone else can verify?)

Selecting a server.

From the current available servers I've selected 3 options. I would like your input to select the server to base our linkshell community in.
Note that most group-based events in 14 will be instanced, meaning we'll have the area for ourselves.

The options are:
1) Gabranth.
2) Jecht. (Bluegrtr will start on here)
3) Kefka

Please post your preference here and include why you would or would not select any of the three.

Since the open beta starts soon I will make a decision at the end of the day (EU time)

Check out the next thread on bluegrtr forums to see Server linkshell activity.
http://www.bluegartr.com/forums/122-FFXIV-Linkshell-Organization-and-Recruitment

Thank you, Zech
Dragoon 75 | Paladin 75 | Samurai 75 | Blue Mage 75 | Bard 75 | Monk 75
All nations, Promathia, Zilart, Aht-Urghan completed.
"Even if nothing is forever... a Dragoon I remain"
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rasantath » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 am

what are the other server names? are they not being considered for some reason?
just curious
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Dellinger » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 am

Bluegrtr was after my time, are they a bad thing?

Gabranth sounds nice, wether or not any of them will be a good server only time will tell.
Dellinger
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Zechiel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 am

Rasantath wrote:what are the other server names? are they not being considered for some reason?
just curious

I narrowed down the amount of options to three so we get more votes for at least one server instead of 1 vote for a server each.

This is the complete listing of servers for the beta, might be more on release but I doubt it.
Jecht
Garland
Emperor
Golbez
Exdeath
Kefka
Sephiroth
Ultimecia
Gabranth
Shadowlord
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Roscobel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 am

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.
Roscobel
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Zechiel wrote:
Rasantath wrote:what are the other server names? are they not being considered for some reason?
just curious

I narrowed down the amount of options to three so we get more votes for at least one server instead of 1 vote for a server each.

that is kind of what i figured. good idea.
i dont want to play on the same server as BG. it will be too serious there.
definately dont want to play on Shadowlord or Sephiroth servers, they will be way too crowded with a million idiots running around going "omg my server name rocks"

otherwise, i dont really care which server we all choose, but lets do it soon. i plan to play with people who are not in this LS as well and i'd like to be able to tell them where i'm going to be playing before we all make characters on different servers.

out of the 3 i vote for Kefka. its short, easy to type, the only one that starts with a K (ie: there are 3 servers that start with a G, which might cause confusion), and will sound unique when spoken aloud (like over vent). and he appears to be an evil clown according to google images search and wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Zechiel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:40 am

I'm shocked you haven't played FF6 Ras!!! haha
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rasantath » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 am

i played 1, then 11. (and now 13)
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby fndragon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:40 am

There's a similar debate going on at www.reallifecomics.com for which server they want; I'll copy/paste the argument for Kefka here:

o, sadly, the FFXIV beta has been "postponed" for god knows how long while the fix bugs, but I'm going to take this opportunity to prepare everyone so we can all play together (when I get to play, of course!)

As you know, we often like to set up a guild/linkshell/whatever with RL readers, and this time will be no exception. Though, this time, I'm going to be passing the duty of linkshell management to someone OTHER than myself, since I just don't have the time to manage that kind of thing. Regardless, to be a part of this group, we all need to be on the same server. (Yes, I realize this is open beta, but it behooves you to start on the same server you intend to play on long-term, since your Open Beta name will be reserved for you in retail release.) Thankfully, you do NOT have to deal with the friendpass system or whatever insanity it was that FFXI had in place - you can just start wherever you want to start. After having looked at the listing of server names, I think it's pretty clear where we need to wind up: on the KEFKA server. Aw. Yeah.

Some might wonder why Kefka, and not Sephiroth. Here's the main thing with Sephiroth. Was he an awesome villian? Undoubtedly. But despite the fact that he was willing to sacrifice the planet for his own goals, he had a pretty good reason for doing so: He found out that he was an abomination, and the entire world was pretty much his enemy. You could SORT of identify with him "F**k me? No, F**k YOU." A badass, to be certain, but part of me felt that he was more or less just misunderstood. You kinda liked the guy... even though he killed Aeris.

Kefka, though? Kefka was f***ing INSANE. Bat-shit crazy. "I'ma wear clown makeup out in public, and poison an entire city's water supply just so we can overtake the castle! BWAAAA-HAHAHAHA!" And then, when you're up in the floating continent, he boots the emperor off of it, and starts pushing the mystic statues around willy-nilly, RESHAPING THE ENTIRE WORLD, killing perhaps millions of people and making himself a god in the process. Does he stop there? Shit no! Every now and again he sends down a beam of light to smite any who don't do as he pleases!

Does he do all this because of some percieved injustice? Does he do this because he has some sort of emo mommy issues? No, he does it because he's a fucking LUNATIC, and that, right there, is why Kefka is the GREATEST FINAL FANTASY VILLAIN OF ALL TIME.

OF ALL TIME!

And that, dear reader, is why we need to honor that crazy-ass sonofabitch and set up shop on Kefka. That is all. :)

That being said, if we want to stay to smaller ponds, I'd vote for Emperor or Exdeath. Exdeath has the nobility of being an evil sentient tree, and the Emperor is just a dick.[/quote]
fndragon
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Celicaa » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:49 pm

kefka is fine with me,
Celicaa
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Oasisserene » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Kefka
Oasisserene
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Zechiel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Okay, Kefka it is
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rasantath » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Dellinger » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 pm

ugh almost 4 in the morning, this better be worth it!
Dellinger
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Rasantath » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm

their site is so slow right now heh
Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Next

Return to General