Zelda Retrospective

Talk about the different cultures that occupy FFXI

Moderator: Oasisserene

Zelda Retrospective

Postby Stresa » Thu May 22, 2008 11:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcQ9Aumf ... re=related

It appears some things from Grand Theft Auto came second..by 13 years

I just had a bad idea... i mean why not ?
Zelda Megaman Mario Simon who else ? Made into mmorpgs save us from a possible future lol !
Stresa
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Postby JamesMikeyD » Mon May 26, 2008 6:20 pm

The first Zelda has to be the hardest game ever, well comparable only to maybe navigating the first Metriod with no map, bombing every wall, pushing every block, burning every bush... Gawd...

Was nice to see the clip, brought back some memories - I totally forgot about the cemetary where you had to push the tombstones!

JMD
JamesMikeyD
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Stresa » Tue May 27, 2008 5:01 am

It was large and challenging and time consuming but nothing compared to ffxi standards or scope or difficulty. I liked the fact that walking around the world was done in Zelda just shy of flee speed, cross a world screen panel could be done in 3 secs or so just running thru.

And there was always plenty of mobs to fight, rupees to make and doing it while exploring and discovering and finding all at once.

I totally remember getting to the reworked world on having to beat it a second time after having beaten gannon the first time and realising that id just have to methodically tackle the whole map bombs candles whistle n all. Getting the unlimited red candle was soo nice like getting ichi to ni is so nice.
Stresa
Co-Leader
Co-Leader

Postby JamesMikeyD » Tue May 27, 2008 1:35 pm

My father deleted my game while I was on the 8th castle... OUCH Needless to say I quit at that point, I could not imagine doing all of that over again. I ended up selling the game to a friend who needed to have things explained out to them so I basically took the controller for some of the 'difficult' parts. I eventually started a new game and beat it all the way though.

Considering that they altered the looks of burnable bushes, movable blocks, and added cracks in the bombable walls in subsequent releases of the game, sort of hints that they were trying to make the game a tad easier. Though of course if you just picked up the hint guide one would have found it a tad easier as well. I was a poor kid, could only afford to steal the games and didn't have $$$ for hint guides.
JamesMikeyD
Core Member
Core Member

Return to Culture clash