E3 2010

General talk not related to FFXI

Moderator: Oasisserene

E3 2010

Postby Crile » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:47 am

HEY GUYS! GUESS WHAT?! IT'S E3 TIME! YEAH! THIS WEEK! STARTING TODAY!

For anyone that DOESN'T KNOW (I doubt there is anyone), E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo and is easily the most anticipated event in the video game industry of the ENTIRE YEAR. All of the major video game companies, from publishers to console manufacturers to standalone development studios announce their latest and greatest technologies for the coming year.

The main events every year are the Press Conferences from the "Big 3" companies: Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. This year, G4TV.com will be streaming live coverage (I think) of the press conferences, so there's NO EXCUSE for you not to watch it! Also I hear Spike TV is covering the press conferences too, and will be showing them on TV and the web or something.

Here's a link to the G4TV site for the streaming:
http://g4tv.com/e32010/pressconferences/

The time of the conferences are as follows:
MICROSOFT: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:30 PM EST
NINTENDO: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:00 PM EST
SONY: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:00 PM EST

I think this year is going to be interesting! From Microsoft, we have the newly named Kinect (formerly Project Natal), a camera-based spatial game controlling scheme that was announced last year. Sony will undoubtedly be showing of their version of motion controllers, the Playstation Move (AKA GIANT GLOWY MAGIC WANDS). And Nintendo will be showing off their new handheld, the Nintendo 3DS, which boasts 3D gaming WITHOUT the need for glasses or any visual aid.

I'm sure they will be making other major announcements, but these are just the things that everyone knows will be talked about. I think 3D gaming will be a hot topic this year, as Sony and Microsoft have been talking about it recently.

But E3 is so much more! All of your favorite development studios will be showing off the games they will be releasing in the next year. I imagine FFXIV will be getting some face time. I wonder if we'll hear anything of FFXIII Versus? I don't know! I just hope there's a Bayonetta 2 in the works somewhere!

Anyway, 'tis the season to be jolly! Let's enjoy it!
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Zechiel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:07 am

Dude!!! I was totally gonna post about it but you beat meh! ;)

I'll be watching the live streams ofcourse :twisted: Oh man!!! We should totally hang out at my place, drink some grolsch or duvel and watch them together!

I'm looking forward to moar Valkyria Chronicles 2 infow!
Dragoon 75 | Paladin 75 | Samurai 75 | Blue Mage 75 | Bard 75 | Monk 75
All nations, Promathia, Zilart, Aht-Urghan completed.
"Even if nothing is forever... a Dragoon I remain"
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crile » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 pm

man, the Microsoft Press Conference was so bad! It's like they didn't even *try* to make it seem like they weren't completely ripping off Nintendo. too bad. Maybe they'll do better next year.
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Zechiel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 am

An exclamation mark appeared above my head "!" when I saw the MGS raiden footage, followed by an "WHOMG WTF!" during bullet-time of slicing enemies hahaha
Rediculously awesome!

Tonight Nintendo and Sony!

I'll predict 80% of Nintendo's talk will be about how well they supposedly are doing and throw all kinds of sales numbers at you.
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daemonic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:21 am

Yea i think most of the kinect stuff was pre recorded as well...alot of it wasnt all that impressive, the raiden game looks cool but if its motion control good luck doin all that crazy spin stuff in the air. Microsoft just made themselves looks like dicks, Rather than making games and stuff they just said 'Oh we made new partnerships or deals' bit of a shame really.
Daemonic
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Zechiel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Shut up Reggy and tell me where to get the 3DS! AAAAAH!!
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kaimon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:29 pm

There will be no 3ds for you zech. Sorry but your face doesn't deserve to be in 3d.
Kaimon
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Dellinger » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:43 pm

3DS playable at Gamescom!!!!

i hope...
Dellinger
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Roscobel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:05 pm

FFXIV Benchmark check
FFXIV new trailer check
RAIDEN trailer check
SONY awesomeness check

Still need to watch Nintendo, but they sound great. Nothing new, more of the same. But looks good. Xbox was hmm nothing new except for Kinect, and Multiplats.. Sony stole the show. They know how to give a very good presentation. Without any obvious prerecored or to much rehearsal, or "hot" chicks to steal the gamers hearts.. fake. Nice E3 so far! Very good line-up.
Roscobel
Core Member
Core Member

Postby Crile » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Wow, Nintendo fuckin blew the house down. They just threw out killer announcement after killer announcement. What a turn around from the past like 3 years. This is definitely going to be their year. Galaxy 2 is already game of the year and I didn't see anything that's likely to contend with it.

For Sony, Killzone 3 looks gorgeous, and I'm stoked to play it in 3D, but all in all they had nothing else to write home about. However, MASSIVE KUDOS for getting GABE NEWELL to somehow join their ranks. That's history in the making for you. I saw him come out on stage and I was like "Is the world coming to an end? Why is this happening? Is he going to shoot someone?" lolPSP and lolPSN+

Microsoft was....well I'll say "laughable at best" but I really just mean "they seriously sucked." Natal is a joooooooooooke compared to everything else we saw from the other two. I stopped caring about Natal like 5 minutes after the press briefing was over. Nobody's gonna pay $150 for that.
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Zechiel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 am

Well Nintendo won this year with best presentation of e3 if u ask me, dayum!

Kirby, Metroid and Wii Party seem like rediculous fun. I'd be stoked about Zelda too if it wasnt for Myamoto playing a Zelda game for the first time in his life.
Zechiel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daemonic » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:12 am

I agree with nintendo winning 3ds and zelda ftw, Sony was very disapointing like usual minus killzone and portal 2 news was expected after they lost alot of support after the orange box. Microsoft kinect was disapointing it felt like alot was pre recorded, though i'm looking forward to playing MoH, NFS, MvC, DS2, HReach and i guess GoW? i laughed hard when sony thinks the psp is doing good and is gonna stay.
Daemonic
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Crile » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Daemonic wrote:i laughed hard when sony thinks the psp is doing good and is gonna stay.

I would laugh if Sony was ready to announce PSP2 and pulled it last minute after seeing 3DS
Crile
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Daemonic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:09 am

That wouldnt surprise me honestly im sure they have something planned. Dont worry though sony and microsoft will soon copy nintendo yet again in a few years. =/ Cant wait to pickup a 3ds though :D!
Daemonic
LS Leader
LS Leader

Postby Rasantath » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Rasantath
Core Member
Core Member

Return to Out of topic